We believe that now, more than ever, God is calling His church to pray.
Depression, hopelessness, and financial insecurity are on the rise, and we have the answer in JESUS.
We believe that as we join together in corporate prayer that the Holy Spirit will reveal new and innovative ways to minister to the needs of our community. We CAN effect change as we surrender to Him and allow Him to pour into us so that we can pour out into our community.
Wake Up Wednesday is simply a time where we come together and lift up the needs that we know about, we pray with and for our community members, as well as seeking the Lord and asking that HIS will be done here on earth as it is in heaven.
We would love to partner with you in prayer.
You are welcome to send us your requests or feel free to join us personally.
Prayer is powerful!
- submissions must be received via email, text, or social media
- picture must be of owner wearing the sweater (not a picture of someone wearing a sweater you think is ugly)
- must not be in store ( you gotta invest fully into the sweater and competition)
- all submissions must be received no later than 6 pm on December 18th.
- Winner will be announced on December 20th
- multiple entries are allowed (more than one ugly sweater? GO. FOR. IT.)
- Open to the entire community
- The prize? EPIC. Don’t miss out!
Wake Up Wednesday is getting better!!
You can now join in our weekly midweek prayer group via ZOOM!
Simply click here at 6 pm on Wednesday December 2 or type this code into ZOOM:
MEETING ID: 531 963 1884
PASS CODE: pV1mFb
Please mute your mic if not speaking so the quality is better for everyone! Thanks! “See” you soon!
Each holiday season we look forward to blessing families and individuals with their holiday dinners that may cause financial stress were we not to provide them with the means to purchase the food their family traditions enjoy.
We believe in the dignity that a gift card enables them to purchase their own ingredients and to continue their individual traditions.
We would love to partner with YOU! Please email/ text/or call to nominate a family, individual, or couple that we can bless for Christmas! We need your nomination by December 13th!
If you would like to partner with us financially to bless our community, please donate via PayPal and note Christmas Blessing in the note, or drop off your donation at church or during office hours!
HVCC SERMON NOTES 11/29
•Jeremiah 18:1-10 – the potter & the clay
•Adam was shaped by God 🍶
-All of us are being shaped by God – are we resisting His shaping of us or becoming more moldable as He works with us
– in the hands of anyone else a basketball 🏀isn’t worth too much, but in the hands of Steph Curry it’s worth millions , in the hands of anyone else a golf ball⛳️ is merely a golf ball worth maybe $2-3, but in the hands of Tiger Woods it becomes an empire.
⁃ whose hands are you? And how valuable are you in the Potters hand?🤚🏻
•Ephesians 2:10 “we are His workmanship”
⁃ are we still pliable? Or have we become hard? 🗿
• God gave us free choice- but He desires that we surrender our control to Him so He can mold us and shape our lives – not fighting against Him but letting Him do what He needs to do to bring out the creation He intends. 🪵🎍
• Being molded requires pressure – we can resist or submit 💎
• Are we being molded by God or by the world 🌎
• Romans 8:29 “we see the original and intended shape of our lives in Him” 🧩
God desires for us to lean into Him and to trust Him in the process as He shapes us and molds us. We can lean in perfect peace, relaxed and confident that everything He does is for His glory and our benefit.
God loves you and will never throw you away. You’re never too far gone that He doesn’t want you, love you, and will continue to work with and in your life.
REMINDER: NEW LIVESTREAM TIME & FORMAT
• Facebook Live at 9 am
• In Person Worship and Sermon at 10:30 am
We hope this new format will help to eradicate the poor media quality and allow for better online engagement. In person services will no longer be live-streamed pending the installation of media equipment.
Online viewers can still participate in tithes and offering by donating via PayPal or mail, or dropping off during business hours – Tuesday through Friday 9 am to 12 pm.
Thank you for your continued partnership with HVCC! We look forward to continuing to serve our community!